Seminar in Modern Europe II
Focused examination of primary and secondary sources as well as advanced research in the current scholarly literature in modern European history since the French Revolution of 1789. Areas may include, but are not limited to, political, economic, intellectual, cultural, social, environmental and diplomatic history.
- Organize major historical themes and issues in modern European history as presented and debated in the scholarly literature.
- Evaluate the theoretical and empirical approaches that leading historians bring to the study of modern European history.
- Lead a college seminar discussion on a topic or issue in modern European history.
- Research the scholarly discussion of a topic in modern European history.
- Write an analysis of five book reviews on that topic.
- Write an evaluation of primary sources related to that topic.
- Compose a review essay on that topic.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences