Nevada History, Govandapos;t and Cons
Through an historical and literary approach, this course examines the history of the state of Nevada from the Native peoples to the present. Includes a component on Nevada Constitution required for graduation from all Nevada colleges and universities.
- Explain the impact of Nevada’s physical geography on its history.
- Discuss the geography, economic activities, folklore and religion of Nevada’s native peoples.
- Describe the main patterns of immigration to Nevada and the impact on cultural, economic, social and political development of the state.
- Identify the cultural, social, political and economic effects of mining in Nevada.
- Discuss the unique industries of Nevada including legalized gambling.
- Highlight the key principles of the Nevada Constitution and explain the differences between it and the United States Constitution.
- Explain the reasons for and importance of Las Vegas as the center of popular consumer culture in Nevada.
- Illuminate historical and contemporary perspectives on cultural diversity and the in Nevada’s diverse population.
- Explain debates within the state the impact of a growing statewide population; new developments within the education system; the expanding roles of women; recent changes and developments in state politics; the exponential growth of Las Vegas; and an assessment of the changes in Nevada’s growing ethnic population and increasingly divergent demographic groups
- Apply the school governance principles presented in the course to real-life school situations.
- Gain the ability to apply interpretive skills in shaping their decisions as a teacher against the factual settings presented.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”School of Arts, Letters, and Sciences