History Through Theater
Explores history through the complex medium of theater. Focuses on a variety of dramatic and theatrical techniques, including readers’ theater, role-playing debates, improvisation and formal dramatizations. Scripts historical literature into performance. Studies various plays in order to gain a broader understanding of key historical issues in diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate in writing an understanding of the history, practice and purposes of drama and the theatre arts.
- Identify problems specific to the creation and staging of dramatic works.
- Identify and assess points of intersection between the dramatic arts and pedagogy.
- Write and stage dramatic works based upon historical events.
- Instruct others in the use of drama as a pedagogical tool for the study of history.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences