United States History II
Survey of American history from Reconstruction to the present. Explores economic, political, social, and cultural factors that shaped the development of the nation, including industrialization, America’s emergence as a world power and the challenges of the late 20th century. Pays special attention to issues of race, class, gender and ethnicity.
- Clarify the problems faced by workers during American industrialization.
- Illustrate the causes and consequences of U. S. overseas expansion.
- Explain the impact of social protest movements on 20th-century American life and society.
- Analyze the consequences of market economics for the American people.
- Describe the place of women in modern American society.
- Explain the changing interpretations and uses of the U.S. Constitution in the 20th century.
- Illustrate the sophisticated methods by which the American ruling class has governed.
- Clarify the place of warfare in 20th-century American history with particular emphasis on causes and consequences.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
College of Letters and Sciences
“Our faculty are established scholars and creators in their own fields. They are dedicated to making your entry into their disciplines a successful one, preparing you for your career as well as graduate study.”College of Letters and Sciences