Intro to Organizational Behavi
An introduction to the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behavior within organizations for the purpose of applying such knowledge toward improving an organizations effectiveness. The course will focus on work-related behavior with an emphasis on individual and group performance as it relates to organizational productivity and processes. A central theme will be the development of ‘people’ skills to help all employees- staff, front-line supervision, and management- improve their effectiveness.
- Identify, describe and integrate major concepts of organizational behavior.
- Identify and apply concepts to real-work problems and issues within organizations.
- Define individual and group theories as related to motivation and performance.
- Describe and apply skills that create a collaborative learning environment and teamwork.
- Define principles of organizational communication and its impact on workplace productivity.
- Identify the performance management function within the context of human resource management in organizations.
- Describe a variety of theories of motivation and be able to apply them appropriately to workplace situations.
- Apply concepts about performance management to individual employee situations to group situations and to organizations.
- Describe the relationships between job satisfaction, organizational culture, and other workplace variables.
- Apply a variety of strategies for improving workplace productivity and performance.