Advanced topics in understanding groups and team formation, hidden agenda items of team members and strategies to navigate difficult behavior or challenging groups. Experiential learning of group dynamics, examining multiple phenomena and the impact of leadership will be explored.
- Compare and contrast basic theories of leadership in analyzing group dynamics.
- Theorize and construct hypothesis concerning what is causing groups to become ineffective in accomplishing work.
- Apply leadership strategies to groups dealing with work avoidance, resistance to change and extensive conflict.
- Create a strategy for leadership intervention into a dysfunctional work group or team.
- Evaluate ethical decision making frameworks to leadership within groups and interventions or consulting.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using current business communications techniques.