Hospitality and Gaming Law
This course will examine the role that differing state and federal laws and regulations will play in the operation of hotels, resorts and casinos. The limitations and exceptions to these laws they apply to Tribal Lands will be assessed. It provides the essential information that managers need to comply with the law and to develop preventative tactics to avoid lawsuits.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the law, the court system and procedure as they pertain to hospitality and casino concerns.
- Recognize and evaluate the legal ramifications of policies and practices in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Identify potential legal problems and formulate preventive measures to limit or prevent liability within the hospitality and casino environment.
- Analyze current and emerging legal trends of concern to the hospitality industry.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in law in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major hospitality law concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.