Gaming Rules and Regulations
This course is an examination of casino operations including the basic mathematics of probability, expected value, and the house percentages. Based on the Minimum Internal Control System (MICS) negotiated through the compact and the Indian Gaming Regulation Act (IGRA) the course will review compliance issues in table games and video/slot operations as well as all areas related to rules and gaming procedures and examines concepts to protect game integrity, tribal assets and establish internal controls. Methods of scam detection and internal control systems employed by the casino will be illustrated.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the law, the court system and procedure as they pertain to hospitality and casino concerns.
- Recognize and evaluate the legal ramifications of policies and practices in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Identify potential legal problems and formulate preventive measures to limit or prevent liability within the hospitality and casino environment.
- Analyze current and emerging legal trends of concern to the hospitality industry.
- Evaluate ethical concerns in law in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major hospitality law concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
- Calculate basic theoretical wins of table games probability and Slot machine probability.
- Communicate the differences between IGRA legislation, Gaming Regulations of the Federal Register and the Tribal MICS.
- Develop and write basic policies and procedures.