This course focuses on history and foundations of program evaluation, to perform a needs assessment, variety of program evaluation methodologies, and evaluation of current empirically-based programs that address student needs. School Psychology candidates will learn skills necessary to implement a program to meet the needs of the schools they are servicing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the benefits and shortcomings of educational planning.
- Develop and coordinate prevention, early intervention, and remedial programs and services, appropriate to the diverse needs of the community, school, and district.
- Understand the roles of school-wide staff, parents, and community members in the delivery of multiple academic and behavioral intervention, prevention programs, involving community members who represent cultural, linguistic, and ethnic diversity.
- Identify key components of successful intervention programs and appreciate the impact of using data-based-decisions as used in program evaluation.
- Students will learn the leadership skills necessary to develop a proposal, implement programs, and evaluate results that are used for implementing program revisions.
- Develop increased professional consultation skills.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.