Basics of Behavior Analysis
Overview of the major components — philosophical as well as applied — of Applied Behavior Analysis. Major topics include functional behavioral assessment and analysis, single-subject research design, basic principles of behavior shaping and reduction, how to achieve behavioral generalization and maintenance, aspects of stimulus control and its relation to the three term contingency model, discrete trial training, and aversive control.
- Analyze the characteristics of applied behavior analysis per Baer, Wolf & Risley, 1968.
- Examine the fundamental behavioral principles and procedures for increasing behavior.
- Interpret the basic principles and procedures for reducing behavior.
- Analyze the basic behavioral principles and procedures for promoting the generalization, and maintenance of behavior.
- Identify the fundamentals of antecedent stimulus control and its relationship to behavioral outcomes.
- Contrast the current status and future directions of school-based behavioral interventions and the implications for school psychology practice.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
#1 Choice for CA Teachers
NU has recommended more candidates for teaching credentials in CA than any other university in the state.
Accredited by NCATE
Sanford College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.