Intro to Quantitative Methods
An examination of advanced algebra techniques in the business setting, including linear systems, polynomials, exponential and logarithmic functions, as well as introduction to probability and statistics. The primary quantitative course required for MNS 407. (Students who have taken college algebra (MTH 215) within the last three years are exempt from this course.)
- Construct and solve (algebraically, graphically, and statistically) models for a variety of business problems.
- Apply mathematical ideas and express them graphically and numerically.
- Solve equations, inequalities, and systems of equations.
- Explain and work with polynomials, polynomial functions, rational expressions, quadratic equations and functions.
- Explain population, sample, mean, population mean, median, mode, range, population variances, sample variance, standard deviations, coefficient of variation, and sample mean for group data.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.