Real Estate Finance
This course presents Real Estate Finance and Investment issues from a portfolio perspective. It provides a complete analysis of real estate partnerships, secondary mortgage markets, adjustable rate mortgages. It also includes the applied topics of corporate real estate, including lease versus own analysis, sale and leaseback decisions, and the role of real estate in corporate restructuring.
- Integrate Real Estate Financial Leverage with Financing Alternatives.
- Define and discuss legal considerations in Real Estate Finance.
- Compare and contrast different methods of financing residential properties.
- Integrate Income Producing Properties with Valuation Fundamentals.
- Compare various techniques of financing project development and Land Development Projects.
- Analyze Real Estate Capital Markets and Securities, such as various Pass-Through Securities, Collateralized Mortgage Obligations, Real Estate Investment Trusts and Derivative Securities in the context of Portfolio Performance Considerations.
- Explain the process of management of interest rate risk.
- Compare and contrast various approaches of Disposing and Renovating Income Properties.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.