Global Context of Business
State-of-the-art view of the macroeconomic and political contexts in which domestic and international businesses operate. It includes macroeconomic metrics and analysis of business cycles and policies; global trade and world financial and monetary systems; institutional analysis of government-firm relationships and sustainable development, the environment and social responsibility.
- Evaluate fiscal and monetary policies in the context of business cycles.
- Assess and analyze the macroeconomic performance of the U.S. economy since the 1950s.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of globalization and trade agreements.
- Analyze the significance of world monetary systems.
- Theorize and appraise the role of governments and the provision of public goods and its effect on long term economic growth.
- Assess the relationship between governments and firms in the context of institutional analysis.
- Evaluate the need for sustainable development, environmental and social responsibilities in the context of a global economy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.