Money and Banking
Students will study the U.S. monetary and financial systems. They will learn about the important role these systems play in facilitating the production of wealth in the economy. This class covers the principles of money; the Federal Reserve System; the determinants of interest rates, bond prices, and stock prices; the different types of financial institutions; monetary theory; and monetary policy.
- Explain how the monetary and financial systems facilitate the production of wealth. v
- Analyze and evaluate the factors influencing the prices of financial market instruments.
- Differentiate between the various types of financial institutions.
- Explain the risks that financial institutions face.
- Explain how monetary policy affects the economy.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a Veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 220,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.