Intro to Business
This course is an introduction to the private enterprise system. Topics covered include forms of business organizations, business finance, human resource management, production, entrepreneurship, business ethics, marketing, and the changing business environment.
- Explain the American free enterprise system.
- Describe how businesses operate in our modern political, social, and economic environment.
- Present a general background in the elements and characteristics of business enterprise.
- Discuss the many aspects of business functions such as management, organization, human relations, marketing, finance, and ethics.
- Analyze the methods and procedures used by people in business to arrive at effective decisions.
- Explain the role of profits in our economic system.
- Present major business concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.