Studies the fundamentals of accounting ethics focusing on case and scenarios analysis, discussions, identification of possible solutions focusing on students acquisition of good ethical judgment. The objective of the course is to increase a students ethical sensitivity to major areas of ethical concern in the study of accounting. At the present time, completion of the course provides credit for CPA licensing in the State of California.
- Analyze the facts presented in a case scenario
- Evaluate possible solutions to case dilemmas
- Support evaluations of case dilemmas and solutions through presentation and debate
- Apply consideration between cases analysis and links to discussions and readings on accounting ethics and professionalism in the accounting field
- Evaluate ethical principles to be used in determination of what course of actions to apply in situations involving ethical matters
- Demonstrate through analysis and discussion specific ethical issues involved in major functions of accounting: auditing, managerial and tax.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.