An introduction to accounting for students with no previous exposure to the subject, this two-week course covers accounting and financial statement terminology and the analysis of financial statements. Grading is by S or U only.
- Understand the meaning and importance of accounting to both internal users-management, and external users- creditors and investors.
- Comprehend the articulation among the financial statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Have an understanding of the accounting cycle and how common business transactions are reflected in the financial statements.
- Understand the key principles of accrual accounting such as income and expense recognition, cost principle, and matching concept.
- Compute financial statement ratios and trend analysis including interpretations to determine solvency, profitability, and stability of a business enterprise.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.