NSG303 Professional Issues for RNs
Addresses professional values, ethics, diversity and their associated behaviors foundational to the practice of nursing. Provides the student with tools to begin thoughtful discussion and problem solving within the social context of health care delivery and the practice environment of nursing. This course covers the Quality and Safety in Nursing Education (QSEN) competencies and the Institute of Medicine's framework, legal issues and policies, ethics and finance.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the history of and contemporary issues in nursing and their impact on current nursing practice.
- Recognize the impact of attitudes, values and expectations on the care of vulnerable populations.
- Access inter-professional and intra-professional resources to resolve ethical and other practice dilemmas.
- Identify nursing specialties and describe recent practice changes and current issues.
- Articulate the value of pursuing practice excellence, lifelong learning, and professional engagement to foster professional growth and development.