The Karman Healthcare Mobility Disability Scholarship
This scholarship applies to students who have a mobility disability, excelled academically and those who have a regard for disability awareness in America. All academic applicants who meet the criteria are welcome to submit their application to this year’s Karman Healthcare Scholarship Fund.
Describe the biggest accomplishment as a result of your mobility disability.
The deadline for 2018 scholarship is September 1st, 2018.
For more information, please click here.
Healthline/NORD Stronger Scholarship program
The Healthline and NORD Stronger Scholarship Program of 2018, will be awarding four $5,000 scholarships to National University students committed to helping those living with rare and chronic disease.
Healthline, the fastest growing health-information resource to more than 80 million monthly people, teamed up with the National Organization for Rare Diseases (NORD) to reignite The Stronger Scholarship program!
Healthline and NORD are teaming up to launch the 2018 Stronger Scholarship, a program that aims to empower college students making a positive impact on rare and/or chronic diseases. Four applicants will be granted a $5,000 scholarship each to pursue their efforts in helping individuals with these conditions—either through research, patient advocacy, raising awareness, or community building. Learn more about the scholarship and how to apply at Healthline.
- Application period: March 1 - May 1, 2018
- Funds distributed August 2018
- Enrolled in an accredited U.S. program for Fall 2017
- Minimum 3.0 GPA from most recent transcript
- Demonstrate leadership and community involvement
- Demonstrate a connection to rare and/or chronic disease
For more information, please contact Ms. Maegan Jones at (415) 281 3132.
The San Diego Foundation 2018-19 Common Scholarship Application
The San Diego Foundation 2018-19 Common Scholarship Application is due in less than a month. We continue to seek applicants, including the following:
- African-Americans, Latinos and Native Americans studying health care, teaching or other areas of study
- Foster youth or those who have previously been in the foster care system
- Community college students and students attending career/technical schools
- Athletes, including runners, swimmers, wrestlers, sailors and students in other varsity sports
- Adults going back to pursue educational goals
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) majors
Please spread the word to students who meet any of these criteria. Students can access the application at SDFoundation.org/CSA. For questions, email email@example.com or call (619) 814-1343.
The deadline to complete the application is Thursday, February 1 at 2pm.
ShoesTracker Scholarship Program
ShoesTracker’s mission is to help people improve their overall foot health and to have strong feet. We aim to provide information and support to individuals struggling with foot pain as well as the means to improve overall foot health.
The same three things cause nearly all foot pain:
- Ill-fitting shoes – tight shoes, high-heeled shoes
- Certain medical conditions – pregnancy, obesity, diabetes, arthritic conditions, and some medications
- High-impact exercise – jogging, strenuous aerobics
Based on the causes of foot pain, we aims to address foot health, focusing on how to fix foot problems, relieve pain, as well as care for and strengthen feet.
We provide a shoe buyer’s guide in order to avoid the problem of ill-fitting shoes and ensure that individuals purchase shoes that are right for them. We also offer running resources, as runners are one of the largest groups to suffer from foot pain and poor foot health.
At ShoesTracker, foot health is very important to us and we want it to be important to you as well.
About ShoesTracker Annual Scholarship
The purpose of the ShoesTracker scholarship is to draw attention to an often-ignored issue: foot pain and foot health.
By encouraging students to write about their personal experiences or the experiences of the individuals that they know and think of methods to raise awareness, this scholarship opens up the conversation about foot pain and foot health.
The more people who talk about foot pain and foot health, the more people who can learn about the methods of dealing with it, the causes of it, and the best ways to prevent future foot pain.
Our feet carry us throughout our lives. It is important that we take care of them, that we know how to take care of them. We are hoping that your stories will help us with that goal.
ShoesTracker Scholarship Procedure & Information
The ShoesTracker scholarship is an annual scholarship. The deadline for this scholarship round is September 9, 2018.
There is one award available for one student and the award value is $2 000 (U.S. Dollars).
The award will be sent directly to the winner's school for consideration within a week after the deadline.
Who Can Apply?
Anyone is welcome to apply for this scholarship, no matter where in the world you reside. However, there are some criteria overall for the application.
- You must be a student (High School, College, or University).
- The essay must be written in English.
- The essay must be between 500-2000 words long.
- The essay must be original content from the applicant. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
Where and How?
Applying to this scholarship is simple.
- Fill out the form below.
- Send your essay in a pdf or word format to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your essay should address the following the following three questions.
- What foot pain or struggles with foot health have you (or someone you know) experienced?
- How have these issues been handled by you (or someone you know)?
- In what ways can you raise awareness in your community about foot health and foot pain?
Student Loan Hero $1K Scholarship
Student Loan Hero, an unbiased solution to organize, manage, and repay your student loans, is thrilled to award two (2) $1,000 scholarships each semester to help alleviate educational costs.
Who Qualifies / Criteria
All applicants must be actively enrolled (at least part-time) in a college/university
How to Apply / Guidelines
To enter, please submit a short essay (500 words or less) answering one of the following
- What financial challenges have you overcome growing up?
- How will receiving this scholarship help you achieve your future financial goals?
- How will you manage your money both during and after college to make smart financial decisions?
- Opens: July 1
- Deadline: Aug. 15
- Winner Contacted: Aug. 30
- Opens: Nov. 15
- Deadline: Jan. 1
- Winner Contacted: Jan. 15
Final winners will be selected by our team and contacted via the email address provided.
The Student Loan Hero Scholarship contest is subject to the complete Official Rules available here: https://studentloanhero.com/scholarships/rules/
Find money for college at www.Fastweb.com. Search 600,000 scholarships worth over $1 billion. Find your dream school with personalized matching against over 4,000 colleges. Get expert tips on financial aid, careers and more. Get recruited by colleges looking for students like you.