NSG326A Psychosocial Nursing Lab
Practical application of the nursing process and integrate basic mental health concepts to provide safe, compassionate, collaborative care for patients with commonly occurring mental health illnesses in a variety of settings. Use of best evidence and therapeutic communication techniques for behavioral management in mental health will be emphasized. Grading S or U only.
- Apply safe and appropriate therapeutic communication techniques when caring for patients experiencing exacerbations of their mental illness.
- Utilize individualized interventions and behavior management techniques for patients with mental health disorders based on current evidence.
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare team in a professional manner to provide culturally-competent quality care.
- Provide patient-centered care based on current evidence and patient preference in a variety of health care settings.
- Examine beliefs regarding own professional behaviors, including legal and ethical standards and professional identity.