NSG211T Health Assessment
This course covers holistic health assessment as the basis for nursing intervention and practice, interviewing skills, health history, physical examination, cultural variations and lab and diagnostic procedures. Concurrent enrollment in NSG 211A is required. This course is 30 contact hours.
- Comprehensively interview clients with the goal of obtaining a health history incorporating individual needs of the client.
- Identify elements of a comprehensive Physical Assessment on any client throughout the lifespan.
- Identify physical assessment and interview clients for special populations; Pregnancy, Pediatric, Aging and Functional Limitations.
- Identify expected normal findings while performing a Physical Assessment.
- Develop teaching and counseling strategies regarding health assessment for human beings across the life span.
- Discuss interventions used to assess health in various cultural/geographical groups.