MNP694 MH Care: Adults/Aging Adults
Evidence-based assessment, diagnosis and treatment/management approaches to various psychiatric symptoms and disorders are explored. Analyze concepts of neurophysiology and neuropathophysiology of adult/aging adults with psychiatric disorders. Examine the professional, policy and practice issues influencing the nurse practitioner's role as a mental health provider for adult/aging adults with psychiatric disorders.
- Formulate an evidence-based strategy in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of adults/aging adults with psychiatric disorder.
- Appraise professional, policy and practice issues influencing the assessment, diagnosis and treatment modalities of adults/aging adults with psychiatric disorders.
- Analyze differential diagnosis for mental health problems, psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- Summarize current evidence regarding major diagnostic and treatment actions for adults/aging adults with mental illness.
- Describe the effect of various comorbid conditions (e.g., diabetes, coronary heart disease) on the trajectory of mental health and illness in adults and aging adults.
- Synthesize principles of genetics and genomics to deliver evidence-based, culturally relevant clinical prevention interventions and strategies.