MNP688A Introduction to Psychotherapy
Provides a comprehensive review of psychotherapy principles and treatment approaches commonly used in primary mental health care services. Explores ways of developing effective therapeutic relationships with an emphasis on therapeutic communication. Individual, group and family psychotherapy across the lifespan are analyzed. MNP688A and MNP688B are taken concurrently.
- Formulate principles of recovery in planning care for individuals with complex medical-psychological issues.
- Summarize Bowen's primary techniques for behavior change in family therapy.
- Synthesize five of Yalom's therapeutic factors in group psychotherapy.
- Examine barriers and solutions in the effectiveness implementation of group psychotherapy with various populations.
- Use the patient-PMHNP relationship as a vehicle for therapeutic change.