NSG674 Clinical Operations Mgmt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
The concepts of human resource management, clinical operations, and quality improvement strategies in nursing are examined in relation to the daily operations of a healthcare system. Tools and techniques which facilitate sound nursing management across the continuum of care are emphasized. Safe, high quality care and risk management are considered.
- Apply management principles, processes, techniques, and tools to improve the daily operations of a given health care system.
- Develop a staffing system for a clinical agency that accounts for variability in patient care needs and available nursing resources.
- Prepare schedules for nurses in a clinical care unit that ensure patient care will be provided by adequate numbers of staff that have appropriate knowledge and skills to provide safe, effective patient care.
- Develop short range and long term strategic plans for the nursing department that facilitate the achievement of the organization's mission and goals.
- Prepare a business plan for a nursing product or service.
- Develop a plan to reduce exposure to risk in a clinical operation.