NSG672 Clinical Personnel Admin
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
Course DescriptionEffective human resources management is essential to providing safe, high quality patient care. Effective recruitment, retention, and management policies and procedures are addressed to develop a well-educated nursing workforce. Benefits and challenges of attaining Magnet status are considered.
- Optimize the quality and safety of nursing services through recruitment, selection, personnel management, and retention policies and procedures that comply with human resource laws and best practices.
- Develop performance appraisal tools and procedures that advance the organization's mission, philosophy, and strategic plans.
- Using evidence, best practices, and benchmark data, write behavioral objectives and competency outcome statements that clearly define expected results of work.
- Apply change theory to implement significant changes designed to advance the mission and goals of the nursing department in a healthcare organization.
- Plan a program of continuous education for a nursing department that advances the principles of a learning organization.
- Participate in the effort to gain Magnet Recognition for a healthcare organization.