NSG622 QI andamp; Project Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mary Kracun
Centers on identifying and developing the skills needed by leaders in todayandamp;#8217;s healthcare arena. Students will employ the concept of leadership in the four key domains of advanced practice: clinical practice environments, the nursing profession, at the systems level, and in the health policy arena.
- Use an interdisciplinary approach to analyze information regarding quality initiatives in order to improve patient outcomes across the continuum of care.
- Compare and contrast quality improvement models.
- Lead quality improvement initiatives that integrate factors affecting the delivery of nursing and healthcare services.
- Quantify the impact of improvement efforts on quality and safety.
- Design and implement quality improvement initiatives that integrate socio-cultural factors that affect any/all healthcare services.