NSG450A Med Surgical Nursing III Lab
Practical application of care for adult patients experiencing multi-system and complex medical conditions. The nursing process will be used to achieve best patient outcomes, grounded in evidence, which emphasize safety and prioritization of care through collaboration with other members of the health care team, patients, and their families. Grading is S or U only.
- Participate as an active member of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Perform comprehensive shift assessment, including lab data and diagnostic testing interpretation on assigned patients.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate patient care for a multiple-patient assignment with independence.
- Apply pharmacological concepts while administering medications safely and accurately.
- Integrate knowledge of normal and abnormal patient findings with understanding of scientific principles in order to plan interventions and teaching for patients with multi-system and complex health needs.
- Coordinate and manage care to meet the special needs of adult populations in order to maximize independence and quality of life.
- Utilize leadership and management skills to identify and meet health needs of individuals and families in the healthcare system.
- Evaluate individual limitations in knowledge and actively seek learning opportunities to continue the development of professional identity.