NSG440 Professional Issues in Nursing
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bonnie Marblestone
Course DescriptionThis course introduces nursing professional issues. Key concepts include: Scope and standards of nursing practice, social policy in nursing, ethics, regulation and legal issues in professional practice. Students begin study of patient safety, holistic and patient centered care concepts, and are guided to begin their development of a professional identity.
- Utilize a professional, standardized scientific format for developing ideas
- Describe the professional nursing scope of practice
- Discuss nursing standards of practice and related legal and ethical issues
- Explain the impact of nursing history on contemporary practice trends
- Identify ways regulations affect professional practice.
- Discuss the factors in development of professional identity
- Support positions on nursing issues with best evidence.