NSG413 Population Based Nursing
Lead Faculty: Dr. Alice Noquez
Concepts of nursing at the level of groups, communities and populations are introduced and analyzed. A systems focus is utilized for health promotion within selected vulnerable populations. Health policy development through collaboration with stakeholders at the level of individual, family, neighborhood, and community are evaluated.
- Apply the basic principles of population and community based nursing practice.
- Utilize nursing judgment to integrate principles of primary,secondary, and tertiary levels of prevention to a population within the community setting.
- Analyze selected vulnerable populations for abuse and neglect to comply with national regulatory reporting requirements for early detection and treatment.
- Evaluate health promotion teaching and learning strategies using current evidence for selected populations to include geographic, demographic, cultural and other vulnerable communities
- Evaluate options for emergency preparedness plans and the role of public policy.
- Complete at least 7 hours of training in the prevention, early detection, intervention, California reporting requirements, and treatment of child neglect and abuse.