NSG335 Pediatric Nursing
Examination of nursing care related to health needs of patients from infancy through adolescence and their families. Emphasis is placed on developing nursing judgment based on evidence to promote health and provide care for pediatric patients with common health variations related to behavioral, genetic, cultural, physiological, environmental, and developmental factors.
- Explain the collaborative role of the pediatric nurse in providing safe, quality care.
- Incorporate knowledge of developmental stages and physiologic changes from infancy through adolescence in planning and providing patient care.
- Apply nursing judgment to develop plans of care for the culturally diverse pediatric and adolescent population and family using current evidence.
- Differentiate appropriate health promotion strategies for pediatric patients and their families.
- Prioritize health needs of the pediatric patients and their families in a variety of health care settings.