NSG332 Evidence-Based Practice
Lead Faculty: Dr. Rebecca Dahlen
This course introduces the concept of evidence based practice. Emphasis is placed on identification, evaluation, and application of best evidence for improving patient-centered care. Focus is on levels and sources of evidence such as research, professional guidelines and other best practices.
- Describe EBP including the components of research, evidence, clinical expertise, and patient-family preferences.
- Demonstrate the value for basing nursing care as best evidence.
- Evaluate the credibility of various sources of evidence using levels of evidence metrics
- Explore the legal and ethical standards that apply to research with human subjects
- Critique the design, analysis, and conclusions of published studies to make informed decisions for practice