NSG330 Patho/Pharm II
Continuing examination of the pharmacologic classifications commonly used for patients with multi-system, complex or emergent health problems. Prototype drugs will be used to illustrate drug actions, side effects, contraindications, precautions and nursing. Content will include etiology, pathogenesis, clinical presentation, and pharmacologic management.
- Explain the use of the nursing process when administering medications in the delivery of culturally competent patient-centered care.
- Interpret assessment findings before administering medications to ensure safe, quality patient care.
- Differentiate the drug actions, side effects, contraindication and precautions of selected therapeutic and pharmacologic classifications.
- Analyze pharmacological concepts in the safe delivery of multi-system, complex or emergent health problems.
- Describe common multi-system disease processes and their pharmacological management.
- Identify major classifications of pharmacologic agents used in the treatment of multi-system, complex, or emergent health problems.