NSG310 Professional Nursing Values
Lead Faculty: Ms. Ann Kelly
Course DescriptionThis course provides an introduction to fundamental values as a foundation for professional nursing practice. It provides an understanding of key components necessary for demonstration of professional value-based behaviors. The concept of caring will be examined through the values of altruism, autonomy, human dignity, integrity and social justice.
- Express oneself effectively through professional nursing written and oral communication skills.
- Integrate use of computer technology with professional practice.
- Analyze adult learning styles and problem-solving techniques.
- Identify behaviors of engaging in effective working relationships.
- Using case studies, apply concepts of the theories of caring.