NSG215A Gerontological Nsg Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Lori Michelangelo
Practical application of the nursing process to provide safe patient care and health promotion for older adults. Students will develop clinical judgment based on best practices to ensure culturally competent care. Emphasis on improving the quality of life and care for older adults in a variety of health care settings. Grading is S or U only.
- Provide safe, effective individualized nursing care to older adults in acute and long-term care facilities
- Document the use of best evidence in the collaborative development of care plans for older adults.
- Implement principles of adult learning when providing health teaching for older adults in a variety of settings.
- Utilize therapeutic communication skills with culturally diverse older adults, families, and staff.
- Use clinical judgment to apply principles of safety and infection control for older adults in any health care setting.
- Provide culturally competent care for older adults of all ages and backgrounds.