NSG205A Medical-Surgical I Lab
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tina Ho
Practical application of the nursing process, integrating basic foundations of nursing practice, and providing safe patient-centered care based on clinical judgment for the adult experiencing commonly occurring medical-surgical conditions. The student will use current evidence while providing care for 1-2 patients in a variety of health care settings. Grading is S or U only.
- Integrate knowledge of pathophysiology to plan appropriate nursing interventions and individualized health teaching for adults with complex health problems.
- Demonstrate the role of the nurse including the incorporation of professional behaviors and integrity when caring for adults with unpredictable health outcomes.
- Perform comprehensive shift assessments, including laboratory data and diagnostic testing interpretation for assigned patients.
- Apply nursing judgment to prioritize, plan and delegate a safe patient-centered plan of care with increasing independence.
- Apply pharmacological concepts while administering medications safely and accurately.
- Demonstrate appropriate skills when communicating with nursing staff and other members of the health care team.