DNP842B Administration Practicum II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Continued practice experience with expert Administration mentor. Continue to develop Administration competencies, and complete learning contract goals. This course is 200 hours in length. Grading is by S or U only. This course is eligible for an IP grade.
- Demonstrate continued development of knowledge, skills, competence, and confidence as an Administrator in a healthcare setting
- Act as a role model, mentor, and change agent in utilizing information resources and evidence-based research data to improve outcomes of care.
- Identify health care needs of individuals or aggregate groups.
- Ensure organizational and system compliance with agency and nursing practice quality and safety standards, federal labor laws, and organizational and governmental policies.
- Integrate bioethical and legal considerations into clinical and management decision-making.
- Demonstrate financial management skills,including: developing, analyzing, and managing operating budgets and long-term capital expenditures; identifying alternate funding strategies; participating in internal audits; and taking action when opportunities exist to adjust operations to respond to environmental economic changes.
- Provide leadership in human resource management, including workforce planning, work flow design, and employment decisions.
- Design healthcare delivery systems to meet unmet health care needs.
- Evaluate health care delivery systems and outcomes of care.