DNP813 Healthcare Financial Mgmt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Course DescriptionU.S. healthcare financial system impact on care access, costs, outcomes analyzed. Healthcare budgeting, fiscal reporting and evaluation, financial forecasting, risk and market analysis, and strategic planning covered.
- Contrast healthcare provider organizations to traditional business models in terms of structure, stakeholders, and financial decision-making and control methods.
- Analyze major funding sources for healthcare providers.
- Discriminate cost control measures from revenue management strategies at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels of the organization.
- Analyze the relationship of nursing costs (including staffing levels and skill mix) to patient care outcomes.
- Evaluate the financial performance of a hospital using example hospital financial statements.
- Summarize current issues in health care finance.
- Employ principles of business, finance, and economics to develop plans for practice-level or system-wide change initiatives that will improve care delivery.
- Synthesize practice and administrative decision-making comlexities created by health care reimbursement methods and formulas.
- Interpret typical hospital financial performance metrics.