DNP805 EBP: Theory & Inquiry
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Provides an advanced foundation for the use of translational research and evidence-based clinical practice. Critical analysis, synthesis, and application of translational research models will be considered. Areas of emphasis include: (a) bridging the gap between scientific research and clinical practice, (b) evaluation of research findings for application in evidence based practice, (c) analytic approaches to translational research (including interdisciplinary models), and (d) examining the impact of translational research findings into practice.
- Evaluate translational / evidenced- based models for their efficacy in disseminating and incorporating research findings into clinical practice.
- Summarize the application of various translational research methodological approaches for changing practice.
- Select strategies for applying translational/evidence based research to practice, in order to improve quality of care, patient care outcomes, and reduce healthcare costs.
- Formulate appropriate statistical procedures for various translational/evidence based research designs.
- Generate approaches for integrating evidenced–based practice changes into an organizational structure.