DNP803 Decision Support Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr. Cheryl Ahern-Lehmann
Course DescriptionInformatics tools and knowledge systems, including data analysis, information retrieval systems, expert systems, artificial intelligence explored. Human decision-making strategies and the need for decision support presented. Design of expert systems described. Health applications of artificial intelligence discussed.
- Participate as the clinical expert in an interdisciplinary team established to construct an expert system for a selected clinical problem.
- Formulate expert systems to improve patient safety, quality of patient care, and to support delivery of care.
- Discriminate between models for decision support and outcomes prediction which can be expressed algorithmically and those which cannot.
- Use the best algorithmic decision-making model in development of the functional specifications for a clinical decision support system.
- Collaborate in the development of the data warehouse necessary for the planned expert system.
- Construct a model for the inference engine for the expert clinical diagnosis and treatment system.