ANE640 Principles of Anesthesia II
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bryan Tune
Exploration of anesthetic delivery to patients with increasing co-morbidities, advanced pathophysiology, and complex anesthesia needs. Airway management and regional anesthesia techniques are thoroughly covered. Anesthetic techniques for the specialty practice of cardiac, thoracic, and vascular anesthesia is analyzed.
- Design management care plans for specialty surgical areas.
- Develop plans of care and anesthesia management for major system compromise
- Evaluate the implications of anesthetic choice and technique on procedures requiring special anesthetic considerations.
- Appraise anesthetic complications and their treatment for various types of surgical procedures.
- Develop evidence based anesthesia practice in simulation laboratories.