RTT 305 Patient Care I
Foundation in terminology, concepts and competencies in assessment and evaluation of the patient for service delivery. Examination of the psychological and physical needs and factors affecting treatment outcomes. Routine and emergency care procedures will be discussed.
- Analyze the radiation therapist scope of practice and code of ethics for clinical application.
- Explain the Bill of Rights for Patients.
- Differentiate between the roles and responsibilities of health care team members treating cancer patients.
- Respond appropriately to patients/families when given a clinical scenario.
- Demonstrate proper use of the principles of patient safety and transfer.
- Accurately monitor vital signs.
- Discuss procedures for emergency situations.
- Analyze laboratory results that are pertinent to radiation therapy, be able to recognize normal vs. abnormal results and take appropriate action.
- Discuss the principles of medication administration.
- Explain the actions and side effects of common medications prescribed in radiation therapy.
- Provide patient education for medical procedures.
- Discuss psychological and physical factors affecting treatment outcomes.