HTM460 Health IT Virtual Simulation
Lead Faculty: Dr. Patric M. Schiltz
Laboratory-based course where administrative and clinical health information systems and technologies are introduced and practiced. Students will gain experience with simulated health information systems or real systems with simulated data.
- Describe the processes for the selection, implementation and evaluation of health information technologies and systems.
- Compare the leading vendors of health information technology and health information systems for clinical and administrative applications.
- Demonstrate the effective use of clinical health information systems.
- Demonstrate the effective use of administrative health information systems.
- Describe threats to the security, confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, and control of health information technology and health information systems.