Specialization in Mental Health
Dr. Gina Piane
Students in the specialization in Mental Health will be prepared for leadership positions in planning, implementing and evaluating community-wide prevention programs to enhance mental health.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Assess the social, political, and environmental context of mental health in relation to public health practice.
- Plan mental health interventions and programs.
- Conduct evaluations related to mental health.
- Relate fundamental principles of epidemiology to mental and substance abuse disorders.
- Apply appropriate research principles and techniques to mental health.
- Advocate for mental health in communities.
Area of Specialization in Mental Health
(8 courses; 36 quarter units)