HCA610 Health Policy
Course DescriptionFocuses on the development of public policy concerning medical care and public health and the relationship between public decisions and the market place. Using contemporary policy issues as case studies, examines the role science, ideology, culture, and history play in influencing the structure of and changes to a nationandapos;s health system.
- Describe the wide-ranging issues concerning health policy at all levels of government.
- Analyze the context of a health policy issue from a variety of perspectives.
- Evaluate the roles and interests of stakeholders in a given health policy issue.
- Categorize tools used for health policy as they are applied to specific health policy issues.
- Critique the importance of science and values in choosing a course of health policy action.
- Delineate evaluation measures of success or failure for health policy applications.
- Demonstrate health policy analytical skills in a practice setting.