HCA600 U.S. Healthcare System
Lead Faculty: Dr. Stephen Bowman
US healthcare system overview, including terminology, components of healthcare delivery systems, financing, personnel, regulation, delivery and consumers. Consideration of the effects of public policy on services.
- Identify major trends in the US healthcare system.
- Interpret consequences of key events on professions, organizations and financing of care.
- Differentiate between various healthcare delivery and financing systems.
- Relate changes in access, cost and quality of care to various perspectives and stakeholders.
- Identify concerns of the US healthcare system in the global context.
- Design alternative approaches to address significant health care issues.
- Explain consumer behavior in health services settings.