HCA407 Intro to HC Planning and Eval
Development of planning strategies in healthcare organizations. Examination of planning methods from needs assessment through program design. Emphasis on strategic planning strategies.
- Discuss phases of the organizational life cycle and selected strategies for initiating change within a healthcare organization.
- Compare and contrast different types of organizational designs and their use in health care organizations.
- Differentiate between strategic planning and other types of planning;
- Examine the development of organizational vision, mission, short and long range goals.
- Identify methods to address salient health care industry trends useful for strategic planning.
- Describe planning processes used to develop healthcare organizations.
- Compare theoretical and practical strategic and tactical aspects of healthcare strategic planning and decision-making.
- Evaluate strategic alternatives for health care organizations.