HCA200 Health Organization Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gina Piane
Introduction to principles of leadership and effective management of teams. Emphasis on the leadership modes and styles best suited to IT deployment. Project management tools and techniques that result in the ability to create and follow a project management plan will be introduced.
- Explain organizational theories and their application to healthcare organizations.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of professionals in a healthcare organization.
- Describe how healthcare professionals can work more effectively as a team in a healthcare organization.
- Describe best practices for leading the implementation of health information technology and systems in a healthcare organization.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a project management plan and project management tools and techniques to implement health information technology and systems.
- Describe ways in which communication and coordination can be improved in a healthcare organization.