HCA100 U.S. Healthcare System
Lead Faculty: Dr. Tyler Smith
Organization of U.S. healthcare delivery systems. Topics include health policy, professional organizations, healthcare delivery settings and public health agencies, professional roles, legal and regulatory issues, payment systems and health workforce.
- Describe the organization of healthcare delivery in the United States.
- Explain the structure and operation of a healthcare provider organization.
- Translate the external standards, regulations and initiatives associated with healthcare delivery in the United States to a healthcare provider organization.
- Identify the policies and procedures for access and disclosure of personal health information.
- Describe ethical standards of practice of a healthcare professional and a healthcare delivery organization.
- List and explain the roles of allied health disciplines and the professional organizations associated with those disciplines.