COH692 Public Health Capstone
Lead Faculty: Dr Gina Piane
Course DescriptionTwo-month capstone project focused on a relevant problem in public health theory or practice. Planning and completion of either a data-based research project or a scholarly and creative activity related to public health. Student project may require Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. Course is eligible for In Progress (IP) grade.
- Identify a relevant problem related to the theory or practice of public health;
- Conduct a review of the literature related to a problem in public health and summarize that review in writing;
- Formulate a valid solution to a problem in public health, either in the form of a testable hypothesis or in the form of a scholarly activity.
- Examples of a scholarly activity would be a written document such as a book or manual; web-based solution such as a related web-site; or other resources that advance the discipline and profession of public health;
- Collect empirical data applicable to an empirical hypothesis or gather resources necessary to support scholarly activity in public health;
- Complete either a data-based research study or other scholarly activity;
- Perform a professional quality oral presentation describing the outcomes of either a research study or scholarly activity; and
- Complete a professional quality written report describing the outcome of either a research study or scholarly activity.