COH440 Preparedness andamp; Disaster Mgmt
Introductory study of the public health response to disasters at all levels of county, state and federal government. Emergency planning and management relative to human made and natural disasters will be explored. Students complete risk analysis, manage disaster preparation efforts, identify and analyze potential disasters,provide corrective action, plan, organize and implement contingency and recovery programs.
- Describe the process response, mitigation and recovery process in regard to incident management.
- Examine the resource management, leadership and legal role of the public official in incident management and response.
- Apply the specific response models at different levels of government.
- Analyze the organization and management structure of a metropolitan Emergency Operations Center, and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the current Public Health systems with regard to the response to human made and natural disasters.
- Describe the public health preparedness models of all levels of government.
- Analyze the potential risks of domestic or global nuclear, biological, chemical or natural disasters.